BORFLEX group has developed FLEXIBORE®, a specific powdered bore (B4C) natural rubber compound enabling the absorption of the neutrons.
The FLEXIBORE® sheet contains 50% of its weight in B4C. The B10 included in our material absorbs the neutrons. The diffusion isn’t significant compared with the neutrons absorption. FLEXIBORE® is also used in neutron spectrometry to decrease e background noise.
- High flexibility : very good conforming
- High flexibility
- Uniform distribution of B4C powder
- Easy cutting
- Color black
- Hydrogen density : about 0,05 g / cm3
- The weight of FLEXIBORE® is composed of 50% rubber
- Hardness : 70 / 75 shore A
- Boron in B4C : about 76%
- Density : about 1,55 g / cm3
- Temperature limit : 80°C max
BORFLEX ensure the products performances if stored under Borflex storage requirements. Borflex will not grant any guarantee otherwise
A FLEXIBORE® neutron shielding material