As a leader in the industry of roll covering, BORFLEX offers the following :
- roll covering and shaping for: wide strip machines, gluing cylinder,
- covering and grinding of coater rolls, varnishing rolls, etc.,
- covering of band scroll saws, 4 faces drive rollers, gold tooling rollers,
- manufacturing of press rolls for platters,
Used elastomers :
- natural rubber,
- and other.
Shore hardness : 20 to 95 ShA.
Machining capacities :
- Lathing: from Ø 560 x 4100 to Ø 1000 x 1000
- Trimming : Ø 400 x 2000
- Autoclave: from Ø 1200 x 2800 to Ø 1000 x 6000
- Resurfacing: from Ø 590 x 3000 to Ø 560 x 4100
BORFLEX is present on the market of Glass and mirror making. With more than 30 years of experience, BORFLEX has enlarged its range of competences and can offer the following:
Our engineering department supports you with any specific request. BORFLEX can provide you with any technical part, and manufacture according to drawings with elastomers which comply with the requirements of glass industry. BORFLEX proposes customized manufacturing. This allows a perfect water, air and noise sealing. As a provider of rubber solutions, BORFLEX makes its know-how available to the Glass and Mirror Making industries.
BORFLEX also has significant means in the field of roller covering and can supply the following compounds :
- NBR (acrylonitrile-butadiene rubber)
- CR (Chloroprene rubber)
- EPDM / EPM (ethylen-propylene rubber)
- FPM/FKM (Viton®, fluorocarbure),
- VMQ (silicone rubber),
- NR (natural rubber)
- CSM (chlorosulfonated polyethylene rubber)
- IIR (isobutylene isoprene rubber)
- SBR (styrene-butadiene rubber)
- PU (polyurethane).
BORFLEX excels in producing rubber coverings which meet all the requirements of Glass Industry.
Rubber covering of your machines’ winding rollers ensures optimum glass protection during handling or transfer operations. This will also limit risks of shock and scratches during the production process.
Thanks to its research and development laboratories and its compounding workshop, the BORFLEX group offers total solutions to:
- Improve the performances of roller and covering
- Control etching and corrosion
- Improve abrasion resistance
- Ensure high temperature resistance
- Reduce cut or deterioration problems
This recovering operation will improve the operating life of your rollers and machines.
BORFLEX is one of the main supplier of rubber solutions for the Nuclear Industry in France:
- All the companies interfering in maintenance and construction o new structures (BOUYGUES, EIFFAGE, SPIE BATIGNOLLES, etc. …)
BORFLEX is a rubber solution provider in any particular case linked with nuclear safety:
- PMUC compliant elastomers,
- radiation resistant elastomers
- safety locks
- cooling pond sealing
- radioprotection FLEXIBORE®,
- any application requiring sensitive sealing,
- sealing boots,
BORFLEX group has developed FLEXIBORE®, a specific powdered bore (B4C) natural rubber compound enabling the absorption of the neutrons.
The FLEXIBORE® sheet contains 50% of its weight in B4C. The B10 included in our material absorbs the neutrons. The diffusion isn’t significant compared with the neutrons absorption. FLEXIBORE® is also used in neutron spectrometry to decrease e background noise.
- High flexibility : very good conforming
- High flexibility
- Uniform distribution of B4C powder
- Easy cutting
- Color black
- Hydrogen density : about 0,05 g / cm3
- The weight of FLEXIBORE® is composed of 50% rubber
- Hardness : 70 / 75 shore A
- Boron in B4C : about 76%
- Density : about 1,55 g / cm3
- Temperature limit : 80°C max
BORFLEX ensure the products performances if stored under Borflex storage requirements. Borflex will not grant any guarantee otherwise
A FLEXIBORE® neutron shielding material
The BORFLEX Group has been active in the steel industry for many years. We have different qualities of elastomers allowing the preservation of industrial tools and protecting the materials handled.
BORFLEX offers its expertise in roller lining for the steel industry.
We develop solutions which comply with your requirements by offering:
- Rollers for pickling
- Rollers for driving and pickling copper foils
- Bottom rollers
- Slitting ring
- Floor protection – wire drawing transfer rollers
- Spin rollers
With its research and development laboratories and integrated mixing plants, the BORFLEX Group offers complete solutions to:
- Repair damaged rollers
- Improve roller and coating performance
- Fight against chemical aggression and corrosion (acid baths)
- Guarantee temperature resistance
- Reduce abrasion phenomena
- Reduce cutting or degradation problems.
The rollers or cylinders used on the production lines are covered with a flexible rubber which, due to contact with the sharp edges of the plates, deteriorates and ends up letting through the chemical products of the different baths.
These corrosive products slip under the rubber damaging the metal structure of the rollers.
Borflex innovates to offer you more and more solutions to improve your work tools.
Borflex provides solutions for rollers transporting flat products and long products (coils, metal strips, plates,…) for the different stages of production :
- Pre-treatment of the plates
- Degreasing and pickling operations
- The different types of finishing (coating, painting and surface protection)
- Shaping and stamping.
We offer you the coating of your cylinders with a solution based on ebonite or composite that will meet your needs:
Composite technology has many advantages:
- Possibility to restore cylinders damaged by chemical attacks
- High impact resistance
- A superior hard rubber grip that improves cylinder durability
- A significant economic gain during roll relining operations
- Shortened lead times for future repairs (Elastomer repair only).